If you are in a commercial enterprise that uses different stocks of paper, undoubtedly, you know that there are a plethora of papers, either categorised in weight, type or colour. There is essentially a paper for everything, and one of them is chipboard. So, what is it?
What is chipboard?
Chipboard, also called particleboard is a thick paper made from fine wood particles compacted with a resin. Thus, chipboard is 100% recycled material.
Where chipboard is used
Based on the density, chipboard is utilised for all types of decorating projects as well as interior building. However, the highest chipboard grades are utilised for things such as:
- Kitchen workshops (a melamine coat is used).
- Flooring and flooring insulation or underlay.
- Building insulation.
- Basic cabinet kitchen structures.
- Flatpack furniture (a veneer coat is used).
Low-density chipboard is mostly used for:
- Inner components of furniture, e.g. wardrobe backs and drawer bottoms.
- Soundproofing and absorption, e.g., music venue walls.
- Interior home accents, e.g. mouldings and trims around doors and windows.
The benefits of chipboard
The versatility of chipboard is unbeatable, and that is why it can be modified for a variety of uses. From commercial to industrial to crafting applications, there is a myriad of reasons why you should choose chipboard. Here are just a few:
- Affordable- Since it is made from waste material, chipboard is more affordable compared to the other alternatives.
- Easy to lay- Sheet Materials Wholesale chipboard sheets are made specifically for flooring use. As such, they are designed with different features that make them effortless and quick to lay.
- Can be used in all parts of your home– Our chipboard meets moisture and fire resistance requirements and therefore can be used in all parts, including bathroom and kitchen.
- Say goodbye to creaking floorboards– How does it feel when you step on the floor, and you hear that creaking sound? Annoying, right? Our chipboard is glued perfectly to limit such joint movements.
- Smooth and consistent- chipboard is perfectly engineered for consistency and evenness.
- Easy to cover– With groove and tongue on all the sides, you can use hidden fixings or glue to maintain the floor surface smooth. Therefore, no underlays are needed.
Buying chipboard sheets
A home renovation project is one of the most significant projects you will undertake in your lifetime. As such, you would want to use top quality sheet materials that won’t let you down. Here at Sheet Materials Wholesale, we help you get the best chipboard sheets. You can get our chipboard flooring from our online store or come to our office for face to face consultation.