Business energy comparison specialists, Love Energy Savings, has launched its annual Awards for the second time; this year securing sponsorship from four major energy suppliers.
Following the huge success of the inaugural Love Energy Savings Awards in 2015, it has now been confirmed that the 2016 version will be backed by npower Business, ScottishPower, EDF Energy, and British Gas.
Each supplier will sponsor an individual award, and will provide a cash prize of at least £500. The winning organisations can use their prize to “turn the lights out” by taking their teams for a night out.
The four categories open this year are as follows…
- Stars of the Future – If you’ve introduced an innovative idea to your business that has helped to save energy and cut your bills, then this could be the category for you. npower Business is the proud sponsor of this category, with a prize of £500.
- SME Saver – Even the smallest of changes can make a big difference when saving energy, so let us know what you’re doing differently! ScottishPower is sponsoring the SME Saver category, offering a prize of £500 to the winner
- Super Saver – Are you a big business that has gone the extra mile to become more energy efficient? Then we want to hear from you! This category is being sponsored by EDF Energy, who will reward the winner with a £600 prize.
- Innovative Saver – If you’ve implemented a new and exciting initiative to your business that has helped to cut energy waste, let us know! British Gas is sponsoring the Innovative Saver category, with a prize of £600.
Phil Foster, Managing Director of Love Energy Savings, commented on the Awards as they enter their second year: “The Love Energy Savings Awards were originally established to celebrate the hard work of businesses across the country for their commitment to energy efficiency. Securing sponsorship from such high-profile names in the energy industry in only the second year of running the Awards is part of our ambitious plans to make them grow year-on-year.
“We want businesses to be rewarded for their efforts to become greener. With their winnings, we are hoping that companies will continue their energy saving journey with a “blackout” event, both to raise awareness of how important it is to be eco-friendly and to celebrate their win with their staff.”
The 2015 winners
- Last year’s ‘Star of the Future’ was awarded to the University of Salford following their construction of the Salford Energy House.
- The ‘SME Saver’ was given to Newlands Adventure Centre.
- Keel Row Shopping Centre was the proud recipient of the ‘Super Saver’ award.
- And last but not least, Bolton Market was given the title of ‘Innovative Saver’.
Phil Foster continued: “We were overwhelmed by the success of last year’s Awards; the calibre of the entrants was extremely impressive and it was very difficult to select the winners. So if you pride yourself on being an energy-efficient organisation, or are changing the way you do things in your workplace, we want to hear from you. Big or small, we are all about championing the changes that are going to make a real difference.”
You can read more about last year’s winners on the Love Energy Savings website.
Nominations for all four categories are open until Friday 29 July so there’s plenty of time to put your business forward and have its achievements recognised.